First of all, I hate talking about myself. Seriously. That’s why I love what I do…because I get to help my clients promote themselves and their businesses. Yes, I’m a marketing and branding strategist, and a writer who decided to venture out and start my own signature marketing and communications consulting business. But most of all, I’m a branding expert, with a unique ability to see the strengths of any business. Sure, I have 20+ years of experience in my field, but the numbers don’t really matter, unless the delivery can back it up. And that’s what I do, everyday, at A Signature Group. In addition to helping small businesses, I also work with nonprofits and entrepreneurs, showing them how to create their own signature brand to stand out in a noisy world.The concept of A Signature Group came about during a transition in my life when I was out of work and trying to figure out what my next chapter in life would be. The idea grew from my desire to follow my dreams by creating and positioning myself and my work as a brand in preparation for a future of my own.
My signature brand is autographing every project I work on with excellence. It is my personal philosophy, business motto and brand promise. It is my way of leaving an indelible mark on the world with what I create that is based on the quote, “Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence.” – Author unknown
This has been my personal and professional motto throughout my career and is the essence of my brand. I have had a successful career in marketing and communications creating and inspiring lives through my projects. As a career woman and entrepreneur it has always been important to me that my work, no matter what it is, inspire and touch people in a meaningful way.
My purpose in life is to leave a “signature mark” on lives that pervades all aspects of my work and my life. My mission also reflects one of my favorite quotes by Marilyn Carlson Nelson, “We should live each day as our signature day.”
When I am not working with clients, I am living and creating A Signature Life doing things that I love with family and friends that fuel and inspire my passions. I love traveling to new and exotic places, such as Europe, China, India, Mexico and Caribbean. I enjoy blogging and writing, as well as art journaling with fellow creatives. I proudly perform my own personal concerts while driving in the car, but you may catch me blushing if we lock eyes at a red light. And I’m no Picasso, but I love to paint, as long as I can bring a bottle of my favorite wine. I try not to take life too seriously. If you want to get to know me personally, (as if you don’t already), feel free to follow my blog: A Signature Life, where I transparently share my authentic signature experiences, inspiration and faith.
Okay, enough of the frilly stuff. Here’s my proven track record.
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure’s “Imagine” campaign named one of the top 10 best ads in weekly news magazines by Advertising Age
- MarCom Platinum awards for 2007 and 2008 Sprint small business sales force kits
- Dallas Habitat ReStore “Design Duel” campaign won Gold Marcom Award and IABC Quill Award.
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure “Circle of Promise” Program named multicultural campaign finalist for Platinum PR Award by PR News.
- Featured writer at LovingonMe.com
- Contributing Author, “Behind Her Brand: Expert Edition”
- Mentor, Professional Leadership Program, University of North Texas
- Black Texas Exes Alumni Homecoming Committee Member
- Leadership Texas graduate and former Leadership Women Board Member and Power Pipeline Committee Member
- National African-American Women’s Leadership Institute graduate and former Curriculum Committee Member